WHAT IS A MICRO WEDDING
With a Cartagena micro wedding, you’ll essentially plan a smaller version of the typical wedding in Cartagena. There are no specific rules that determine the activities, and most people use different ideas to make their days happy and memorable. However, the primary factor that’ll stand out is that the activity will be of a relatively lower level. It’s everything you wished for in the big blow-out, but you’ll be doing things on a smaller scale. One crucial feature of this type of wedding is to shrink your guest-list to a lower number. For some, this may involve cutting down from 180 to 18, while others may wish to trim the 60-person guest list to include only nine close family members. Also, there isn’t a defined number of guests that make up this kind of wedding. But a head-count of a maximum of 20 people would constitute a micro wedding. At Amarla, we can host up to 14 people in 7 beautiful guest rooms, with the ability to organise other rooms close-by. From there, the flowers, food, dressing, and music is all up to you.
Here are some reasons why you should consider weddings of this nature:
- Covid-19 safety – You don’t want your big day to be a super-spreader, and you can’t wait until who knows when to exchange vows with your loved one in Cartagena. You can follow the steps taken by different couples to sidestep their traditional plans for micro-weddings to ensure guests maintain a safe social distance at the wedding venue.
- Freedom to invite only those who cooperate – You want all the important people to attend your big event, but you can’t allow that colleague who never follows the safety guidelines to spoil your day. Thankfully, creating a micro-wedding can nip such issues in the bud, considering the inherently tiny nature of affairs.
- Less overall stress – Who wants to go through the social, logistical, and financial anxiety of creating a massive fete? Adopting the micro-version of your entire plan means you’ll cut on the pressure from every angle. Thanks to this approach, you are assured of reduced stress as opposed to the anxiety of planning a large, expensive wedding.
- An edited guest list – With a micro wedding, there’s no need to argue or agonize whether all your cousins should be invited or the fallback of adopting a no-kids policy for the event. You only need to welcome those who really matter, regardless of who they are, and that’s it. If you trim the list by up to 90 percent, almost everyone will understand if they fail to be invited.
- Achievable décor – Are you longing for the limited edition design on Etsy? Go ahead and acquire a set or three. Dreaming of working with the expert florist you met on Facebook to make the arrangements? Go ahead. When you’re decorating a table or two, or a small venue, a micro wedding ensures you have no pressure – particularly on your wallet.
- You’ll still achieve your dream wedding – Dreamy flowers, the photo booth, the music playlist, and the incredible cake that you’ve been dreaming of since you were a teenager – none of these should miss just because you’ve chosen a wedding of a smaller scale. While there may be limitations on space and the number of guests, the sky is still the limit in terms of your wedding fantasies.